Londovir
(Weather Guru)
Fri Jul 08 2005 05:09 AM
Re: Dennis and Cuba

The FSU MM5 is chugging through it's 0Z run right now (it's up to about 9hrs out last time I refreshed it), and it looks so far to be edging it a bit southward of where it originally had it in the 12Z run before; ie, for it's position at 77W-78W, it looks a whisper-hair farther south in the new model run as the last.

The only downside is this model takes some time to do it's run (ie, it's only just now output the 12hr data as I've typed this.)

I do note one thing: it really predicts a hammering by Cuba on the storm's power: by about 9hrs out it models pressure to rise up to around 987 and wind speeds to drop to around 62kts. That's a heck of a walloping, and I'm doubtful it's going to take that much abuse.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center