ftlaudbob
(Storm Chaser)
Fri Jul 08 2005 06:04 AM
Re: Dennis and Cuba

Quote:

flaudbob.......I hope you're right, but that's a bold statement in light of the some of the models shifting, the UKMET's consistency of a LA strike and the current trend of Dennis to parallel the coast of Cuba, which could make a huge difference in the landfalling position, but hey what do I know?

I promise you this, I am not seeing things. I just stared at it for 10 minutes straight, and It's moving nearly due west in the last hour. .And it moved almost due north earlier today.But the fact is it has moved more nw than the models said just today.I know you know about jogs.This is a tough one,Cuba will play a big role.Most storms that track this way do curve north then north east.When this will occur is the big question.Again if it slows over Cuba,maybe to 10mph,I think it will track north.I have been right so far,even when some called me a fool.

As much as I want to agree with you, I don't think we are out of the woods just yet. There's still enough uncertainity to include Grand Isle to the Big Bend of Florida.

.And it moved almost due north earlier today.But the fact is it has moved more nw than the models said just today.I know you know about jogs.This is a tough one,Cuba will play a big role.Most storms that track this way do curve north then north east.When this will occur is the big question.Again if it slows over Cuba,maybe to 10mph,I think it will track north.I have been right so far,even when some called me a fool.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center