recmod
(Weather Guru)
Fri Jul 08 2005 11:59 AM
8AM Advisory---Still 135mph

The 8am advisory is out ....everything is the same as the 5am (135mph 950 mb 28.05)....but Stewart does mention that the hurricane is becoming better organized. Since recon is just now reaching Dennis, I am sure the information presented in the newest advisory is just an extension of the 5am report....until the new recon data starts coming in. Looking at the latest satellite pics, there is no way that Dennis is not stronger than it was 3 hours ago. The eye is much better defined, with the intense convection wrapped all the way areound. I am sure recon will find winds are now closer to 150 with a central pressure near 27.70" (just my personal opinion....don't beat me with a stick for this non-technical viewpoint!)

--Lou

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center