Ricreig
(User)
Fri Jul 08 2005 01:23 PM
Re: Special NHC Statement

Quote:

gosh will you quit wishcasting this storm NORTH already? every 10 minutes you have to chime in "look at the satellites, it's taking a N turn", "I have a bad feeling it is about to hook sharp North", "Lookout Miami!" etc. All you are doing is creating panic based on "gut feeling". enough already. face it, it's not going anywhere near Miami... get over it. ]

I really hate being the public defender here, but, this forum is not a good place for flames and indictments. As long as the longitude of a storm is EAST of your position and the Latitude SOUTH of your, you cann not afford to ignore *any* possiblities no matter how remote. Ignoring facts like that can cause you to get hurt if your ignore it just because it is not popular. I don't think he has ever stated Miama or a specific city. South Florida is what I read, and the Keys are in South Florida, as is any number of south west coast cities. While unlikely they will be hit directly, it is not impossible until the storm is North of them heading away.

His repetitiveness *may* be fear speaking, trying to get reassurance that it will NOT happen because he fears it might. Anyone living through Andrew or any other large storm often has emotional wounds that express themselves as fear, even irrational fear. I have seen any number of posts from people on this board that have the same fear and ask the question repeatedly.

This is not a time to be intolerant of fear, a Category IV hurricane IS something to have a healthy respect for and yes, maybe a little fear also. Lets' return the "Pucker Indes" to a lower value. Ignore if you must but exhibit a little tolerance also.

Richard

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center