AdvAutoBob
(Weather Watcher)
Fri Jul 08 2005 01:44 PM
SW Florida observations

Cape Coral checking in.... a lot of people here are taking things seriously. I've seen two gas stations that are out of gas, and a couple of others with plastic bags over the regular nozzles... At our local Lowes and Home Depot, the generators are now flying off the pallets, along with storm panels and attaching hardware. The story is the same at our Sam's Club..generators, water, etc being loaded up. Not full-on panic mode, just people preparing. Later today and tonight that may change, especially if we wind up in the cone again (keep shifting in and out). People get paid on Fridays and that's when the last minute panic buying will likely set in.

As for myself, my generator's fueled and prepped, with all my storm supplies stocked up (did that early on), and am patiently watching the track to decide when (if) to put up at least some of my shutters (I have a rear wall nearly all glass). Thanks to all the mets and mods here at CFHC for a fantastic site, this is truly the best place for information.

Bob

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center