Katie
(Weather Guru)
Fri Jul 08 2005 02:13 PM
What are the chances

Okay, just curious here.

Anyone know with past storms if this will be record breaking season (thus far) for one area to be hit by so many storms?

I know here in Polk County we got three last year and I know that the past three storms (if Dennis goes that way) didn't hit the exact same place but the Southern Gulf States were all affected.

I guess my question is, how normal is this for one particular area to just be slammed so many times in a year (and I say a year because Ivan paid a visit last year)? I just remember growing up and one season would have a hit in the South Carolina, or North Carolina or a hit in Florida or another Gulf State, but it just seems like the past year has not been very good for The Florida Penisula and Gulf States. Is this a trend for another season to come or are we going to be able to catch a break anytime soon?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center