Rasvar
(Weather Master)
Fri Jul 08 2005 07:53 PM
Re: making landfall soon

Actually, if you are talking about the 360 that Jeanne made last year, most of the major models had seen it at one time or another. [Those models were the main reasons I left my boards up until Jeanne passed]

I still feel that this is a Mobile bay to Biloxi storm. However, I do not think NO is in the clear. Can not really judge based on the motion over land. Will get a better idea when he clears into to the Gulf tomorrow. I am having a hard time see a hard enough turn to really get anything but the lower Keys in the southern part of the state. I think that will only be a swipe of 70-90MPH winds. I think he will clear most of the West Florida coast by 150-200 miles. I just do not see a faster turn happening.

Granted, I would still double check my plans if I was on the West Florida coast.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center