traka
(Registered User)
Sat Jul 09 2005 02:30 AM
Re: Tornado watches

Speaking of people learing... I have been watching the devall street webcam (posted earlier by Tazmanian93, thanks!) and there are people still walking up and down the street. I was seeing about 1 person every 30 seconds to a minute. The power has been out down there for about an hour. Is this normal behavior? I would have assumed that with the chances of such a terrible storm hitting the keys in just a few hours, that there wouldn't be anyone in keywest let alone walking the streets. Sorry if it is too off topic.

Oh and as I posted last year (under a login that I forgot) if you are evacuating.. STAY OFF MAJOR ROADS. I relieze that if you are in the keys there is only one road, but else where heed my words. I evacuated one time last year. I started on the turnpike. It took hours to go 20 miles. I was scared to death I was going to run out of gas. I got off of it and got on an old highway. There wan't anyone else there. All of the stations had gas. I was driving at 65mph. When I thought about getting on 75 at the Florida border, I quickly changed my mind after seeing it. 75 was in gridlock up to macon.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center