Ron Basso
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Jul 09 2005 05:31 AM
Re: Is the pulse coming off SE Texas digging or what???

Quote:

Good morning all! I have been following this site since all the canes came through FL last year. I'm in NE Tampa. Scottsvb..pm me I think you're right up the road from me. Love the site - have learned so much more - thanks to all the mets/experts.

Now, Isn't the pulse digging off SE Texas pushing fast? This seems to me that this will take the storm a lot closer to the west coast of FL. And also isn't the hign in the Atlantic eroded significantly over the last couple of hours. I don't think ths will hit the west coast, but I think it could come with 40-70 miles.

What does everyone think??? Look at the latest WV's.

I think a lot of us are seeing the same thing. Again, Clark alluded to this in his blog yesterday. The models were simply not picking up on the strength of this feature. However, that said, a digging trough may act to pump up the ridge to the east so its not as clear cut as we think. But, the 18Z GFS and GFDL models and the 00Z UKMET model have all trended more toward the east today. With the 18Z GFS coming very close to maybe 50 miles offshore of Manatee Co. Now I see the 00Z Canadian has also trended east from Mobile to Destin. Not big shifts, but they all shifted their paths in the same direction. We'll have to see if this trend continues. Stay tuned....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center