MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Sat Jul 09 2005 07:26 PM
Re: Conch Republic Bashing

Quote:

Look, i don't mean any disrespect to any of you, but i am a total novice when it comes to hurricanes and steering currents. All this week you've had me worrying and i know this is just a hobby kind of thing for everyone here, but some of you have been pretty serious about the ridge causing Dennis to turn into the west cost of fla. Someone like me will go to any and all sites to try and get a better understanding of the weather situation, but i have to say that you guys have been way off with this one.

This really should be moved off, but who was saying south florida other than fllaud? I gave plenty of reasons why South Florida wasn't likely. I tried to make the point clear that the most likely spot was the western panhandle for a while. With the cone being in the rest of Florida. The NHC's doing a good job with this storm. I'm not a met either, but I think that comment is wrongly directed. The very last line on every page here is the most important.

Anyway, Jason Kelley's station will be streaming video tonight, I posted a link on the main article.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center