stormchazer
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Jul 09 2005 07:37 PM
Re: Conch Republic Bashing

It may slide west a little but remember that the synoptic reasoning of a slightly more Eastern impact is sound based on the current environment. Tropical Systems tend to want to go North and East when approaching from the SE GoM. I do not know if this due to the Jetstream, Hadley Cell effect or what, but it is more usual then unusual.

Of course, if she hits West of Pascagula, I will gladly apologize. I for one would prefer it dissipate, but that is not an option anyone has.

No one is taking disrespect damejune2 about your comments but this is a forum for people to discuss Tropical Weather and we all post what we think, and sometimes what we feel. You will notice disclaimers everywhere that you should look to the NHC for official forecast. By the same token, we have Mets here and some very knowlegeable folks who make their opinions too, professional opinions based on knowledge and experience. I think you will learn more then you think if you look at the info posted along with the forecast of the NHC.

My opinion of course.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center