Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Jul 09 2005 08:51 PM
Re: looking organized

Yes in just the last three satellite photos...looks like the central core is getting very well-defined.

Well I am going to take a much-needed break and go outside and get some sun. I'll come back this evening and hope to see some good news for my brother in Pascagoula.

We talked awhile ago and he agreed that flooding is the main threat from tropical storms in Jackson Co...he said that some parts of the county were 12-14 ft underwater after George hit (I think the eye from George hit Biloxi or thereabouts). This was mostly not right on the coast, but up on into the back part of the county where it is mostly estuary and rivers. Even though he lives less than a half mile from the beach he is more than 15 feet above sea level, but much of the county is at sea level.

He agreed that even with a hit as close as MOB they won't see too much, and if the storm lands east of MOB and hits in FL they won't see much wind or rain at all. So it is kind of an either or situation for them. I just hope that he won't be having to do too many rescues in bad weather, if they do happen to get hit. They usually have to go out until the weather gets pretty much impossible to do so. That is what makes me worry -- when a hurricane hits he is never hunkering down in a house, safely waiting it out, but is instead pretty much right on the front line.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center