Rich B
(British Meteorologist)
Sat Jul 09 2005 09:38 PM
Re: Eye

Hey guys, not had chance to post since yesterday so heres my take on Dennis today:

I did say yesterday that the crossing over Cuba would weaken Dennis, and indeed it did. However, he was able to maintain a decent eye even though the overall structure was disrupted. This has given him a kick start into restrengthening, which he evidently is doing in earnest. Radar and satellite imagery show the eye is well defined, and he is showing signs of strengthening rapidly now. I think he will get upto 130mph, if not a little higher, prior to landfall tomorrow. I still think we could be lookng at a Alabama landfall, but will suggest a landfall somewhere between Mobile, AL, and Pensacola, FL, as a 130mph Hurricane. If the centre tracks up Mobile Bay, or just to the west, then there will be some seriously major problems with flooding, let alone from the wind. With the area still in recovery from last year, it seems they are gonna take a hammering. My thoughts are with all of you in the path of this one - i think he is gonna be worse than many of us thought earlier today.

Keep safe

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center