Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sun Jul 10 2005 12:14 AM
Re: Special NHC Advisory...

If he is wobbling between N and NW then it averages out to be NNW, which is basically what the NHC has forecasted.... we are looking at this system very hard tonight... my evacuation plan will be to leave early in the am before 5:00 am and ride out the storm at the MS Power Plant, where my wife works... but only if it deviates any at all from the NHC forecast track to the west... there will be no sleep tonight I'm pretty sure... worse case scenario would be for Dennis to hit to our west, which would probably put a surge of 15-18 feet along the MS Coast... I'm 20 feet above sea level on the beach... not a very pleasent thought.... my prayers and thoughts go out to the poor unfortunate people of the Panhandle and the Al coast... tomorrow will be an historic weather event

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center