BillD
(User)
Sun Jul 10 2005 02:55 AM
Re: East Coast ocean pics

We had several strong bands come through Miami over the last 36 hours. Although there were strong winds and heavy rain, I never heard any thunder. We had 100,000+ without power and lots of trees down, still no lightening that I saw.

In fact with comments made earlier today about how the weather wasn't any different than the average afternoon thunderstorm and travelers should have no problems. I didn't want to get into that negative discussion, but that is totally NOT the case. The weather we have been seeing is NOTHING like the regular thunderstorms we get. The winds are much higher and more variable, the rain more intense, and NO lightening. This is NOT normal weather as some stated earlier.

Bill

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center