Rick on boat in Mobile
(Weather Drama Guru)
Sun Jul 10 2005 04:21 AM
thanks ya'll

I'll be logging off in a bit...but be back on tomorrow till we lose power, and keep all of ya posted on the conditions...problem though...is that power is lost about 4-5 hours BEFORE the eye lands ashore....however, I have a TV from Walmart for 38 bucks....black and white...and can run on batteries...car cigarette lighter plug in..or regular power...

when we lose power, at least I can fire the TV up and hopefully catch the news channel on their emergency broadcast...and perhaps watch the eye...during Ivan..power went out...and no one local knew just where the eye was gonna go in....and it jogged east and hit Pensacola....I kept wondering when the winds were gonna pick up...went to bed late...and it just never got bad....

hurricanes are freaky....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center