Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun Jul 10 2005 07:06 AM
Re: Going to get some sleep

I heard back from my brother in Pascagoula MS who just went on duty (Sherrif's Dept) at 2am for the storm. I wanted to stay up to let him know all the news about the new track and intensity.

He'll be on duty probably at least through Mon am with no relief.

He said it's already starting to get windy there.

One of the things he said was that many gas stations in Pascagoula are out of gas. I also heard this was a problem eariler with folks trying to get out of Gulf Shores AL area and that the civil defense folks were trying to get some gas down there. Scary.

I also heard not very many evacuated. My brother said actually that a mandatory evac was issued Friday evening along with a curfew but Kissy said she hadn't heard that. I don't think it got out to everyone, somehow. At the time there was nothing on the TV except Pensacola, FL, etc. with a storm track to hit there, so I don't think many in MS thought an evac was necessary.

I also heard not all evacuated from MOB, I think there are around a half million people and I don't think it would have been possible to evac everyone. Actually the gulf coast is so populated that is the case pretty much everywhere.

Well I'll get a little sleep and catch you all tomorrow.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center