Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun Jul 10 2005 02:53 PM
flood info from Pascagoula

Just talked to my brother in Pascagoula. He's been on duty since 2am and quite busy but luckily I caught him just at the right time to talk to him for a couple minutes.

He said the county shut down the computer system so he has no way to get direct info about the hurricane, but he knows the barometric pressure must be really low, because of how much the water is already rising (under areas of low barometric pressure the water will rise up like a dome). He said they are already at 7 feet or more in some areas, and already they are getting calls from folks who are in trouble because of the high water. Remember they are getting winds from the N right now.

Also...the eye is clearly visible on MOB radar now:

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p19r0/si.kmob.shtml

I told him I'd give him a call and let him know if it hooked west to make landfall west of the FL/AL border. While we were talking I didn't think that would be the case but wow it is really moving NW now and it is moving pretty fast. If it doesn't hook west or go too far west then they won't have to worry because they won't get too much wind or rain.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center