Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Mon Jul 11 2005 02:21 PM
Ivan vs Dennis... pucker pressure about the same for me

First of all I hope the area taking on the eye wall in Dennis did not receive too much damage....

I stayed up all night Sat and Sun morning monitoring the motion of Dennis, and about 4:00 am Sunday morning I was convinced the models that were projecting a possible MS landfall were off, and that he would not impact our area to any great concern, which is what happened... NHC did a marvelous job with Dennis missing out by only 70 miles from their 3 day forecast...

Ivan headed straight towards the MS coast then slid off to the NNE... Dennis was sorta tracking towards us, and even had the NHC shifting the track farther west late on Sat night, which wasn't a good sign, but it eventually shifted back to the east 12 hours later.... thankfully... however, both created a high level of pucker pressure and had me contemplating possible evacuation... I do not want to take the eye wall head on of a Cat 4 or 5 storm... esp one to my west....

Now all eyes will turn to Emily... question I have to ask myself.. do I open up the storm shutters and take down the plywood??? I think I'll wait a few days to see what's in store with the next system... maybe I'll considered leaving them up till Nov 30 at the present rate .... all in all, it could have been much worse for everyone involved.... next time we might not be as lucky...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center