damejune2
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Jul 11 2005 07:11 PM
Re: Move it to the left.. move it to the right.. down .. south.. up north

You know...i am sick of these storms. It's getting so you can't even make any plans anymore because you have to worry about some storm coming in every other week. When i first moved to florida in 1987, these storms were unheard of. They always went through the caribbean and turned right into the open atlantic and that was the trend for years. Occasionally one or two would get through because steering currents were just right, like Andrew, who was an August storm (The "A" storm named in August!). Pretty quiet through the years, a few bad storms ripping through the GOM or the Carolinas, but generally pretty quiet. Now we have cat 3's and cat 4's coming at us every other weekend! What the heck!? Whats so different about the atmosphere now that is making these things, 1) So many in number? 2) Intense as heck. 3) All aiming for Fla and the GOM? Can anyone explain that? Can someone tell me and others why all of a sudden Florida has become the worst place to live between June and October? The season ends in November, but the storms peak is usually August-Sep, early Oct.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center