CaneTrackerInSoFl
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Jul 12 2005 02:24 AM
Re: Early Arrival

Quote:

Quote:

Hmmm...interesting comment about July TC activity towards the rest of the season. Chris Landsea has run stats that show little significant correlation between July activity and the rest of the season; perhaps it is just an anecdotal reference to the researcher's personal beliefs, not sure.

As for the 8p TWD: if they weren't able to find a center, the storm would be dropped -- having a center is a prerequisite to being a classified system. I think you probably meant better-defined center, though, as it does appear to be becoming better defined. We'll know in the next little bit here as to whether or not the depression gets a name at 11p. The wave behind it looks a little better defined over the past few hours...I think there may be some cyclonic turning to the NE of the main region of convection, but as before, it'll take a while to get organized.

I read on another site where the NHC and the Navy has bumped it up to 35K. SO we should see Emily come outa the storm birth canal at 11pm

Which site?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center