stormchazer
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Jul 13 2005 10:35 PM
Re: Model mania

One other thing ralphfl, some of the discussions on here by the Mets are done in a sort of "Devils Advocate" type role. Tropical Systems are highly erratic and a nice discussion about possible pattern changes that could effect a landfall is educational and welcomed. Forecasters often look at the synoptic pattern and make a judgement based on the patterns, but some, Stewart at NHC comes to mind, throw in the possible "fly in the ointment" scenario to keep us all honest. I enjoy the discussions of our Mets and hope they continue but the always give credence to the NHC forecast. Isn't that what Joe B does and why he so wildly heralded? He looks at patterns and makes his own judgements even though you have to pay to see him prognosticate and he usual has a personal jab at the NHC everytime he does it. I could not help but laugh when he made a comment on Yahoo yesterday that had Dennis hit here, he would have made his forecast. I can't see the NHC throwing a party because they were right, and Pensacola got pounded again.

To our Texas friends, I hear what you are saying. I enjoy tracking storms, even when they do not threaten us but I won't be burning the midnight oil when a storm is heading for Texas, unless it is a monster. No offense and I would not expect you to burn that oil for a Florida hit. Our concern is for our State and not so much Texas and it is not personal. I do feel for any area that is under the gun.

Anyways, just my humbe opinion.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center