Allison
(Weather Guru)
Wed Jul 13 2005 11:24 PM
Re: Model mania

Quote:

To our Texas friends, I hear what you are saying. I enjoy tracking storms, even when they do not threaten us but I won't be burning the midnight oil when a storm is heading for Texas, unless it is a monster. No offense and I would not expect you to burn that oil for a Florida hit. Our concern is for our State and not so much Texas and it is not personal. I do feel for any area that is under the gun.

Heh... so true! The boards weren't exactly lit up when Claudette came a-knockin' 2 years ago... (not that a little Cat 1 even compares to what FL has experienced recently....) Granted, though, there was considerably more interest when the remnants of Ivan came back around into LA/TX last year....

Regardless, I always enjoy coming here to absorb the tons of information, analysis, opinions and speculations of all those who know more than me about these things... Even when it's not a Florida storm, the mets here can almost always explain it better than my local mets on TV (except Neil Frank, of course...)

I suppose, in a way, the people from Texas may benefit from these boards more during a storm than people from Florida -- we still get the good info, without having to wade through all the overwrought, one-time posters....

And just to keep this on-topic before I get smacked around by the mods, ... Emily has had a big blow-up of convection in the last few frames, but there's dry air ahead of her.
Smack
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/watl-wv-loop.html

Am I correct that, if she remains weak, she's more likely to stay to the south and out of the upper-level steering?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center