spencercape
(Verified CFHC User)
Wed Jul 13 2005 11:46 PM
Re: Model mania

Quote:

I will probably get slammed for this... but reading statistics like that from Camille should put things in perspective. All you inlanders... God bless you... only have but a trite taste. The "I went through three hurricanes" defense (I am not saying anyone used it just now) is getting a little old. If you went through three, then the truth is, you are probably too inland to complain. Now… of course everyone’s personal experience ultimately defines their reality. No one died in my family, so the family that had someone die in Orlando or Polk county had it considerably worse than I, despite incremental windspeed. Never the less, Cat 1's and 2's, while stressful and certainly destructive, should be virtually cherished.

*emotionally prepares for perhapes the biggest verbal lashing of life*

EDIT: Yeah, that was pressure at landfall.

WELL SAID

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center