spencercape
(Verified CFHC User)
Wed Jul 13 2005 11:53 PM
Re: Model mania

Lysis....

I don't really care if he's lurking.... I do know that he's a degreed met, that he's worked at Accuweather for many years and moved up through the ranks to senior status, and I know he's GOT to be very good at what he does in order to achieve that.

I do think, however, he's now at a point where his continued "rise" will now be accomplished through gaining more attention, and the way he's going about it is stepping out on a limb (predicting things others wouldn't), creating "controversy" and generally grandstanding/overacting. So, for me, it's hard to take him seriously any longer.

I don't question his experience and abilities whatsoever, I just question his motives at this point.

And I don't think I am alone.

EDIT:Like I said: It's his methods I question, not his experience.... and the people here who are negative about _________ (fill in the blank) either don't understand or just like to stir the pot. The mets here are just as good (or better) than Joe, than anyone at TWC, and certainly any of us amateurs.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center