Lysis
(User)
Thu Jul 14 2005 12:41 AM
Re: trite taste

Indeed. Man, did you all feel how tense that got? I don't think Clark is around (maybe we scared him off with our bickering)... but varying degrees of low pressure has been bothering me with these things. 1000mb seems awfully high for a 60mph storm. I am interested how the graphs will deal with Dennis… as his highest sustained windspeed and his lowest pressure did not coincide! I don’t know… I can’t seem to get a firm grasp a question to ask about this. I realize it is highly relative, and I wish the records didn’t grade “intenseness” via pressure. The windspeed is what counts (see saffir simpson scale thread).

EDIT: I suppose that would be difficult since there is no way to accurately gauge windspeed all the time on the same level that we can gauge pressure.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center