Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu Jul 14 2005 01:02 AM
Interesting thing about Camille for me

At the time I was living on the east end of Biloxi, right in the center of the penisula, we had 5 feet of water in our house during the storm... the house I now own on the front beach only had about 2 feet of water surge in it.... still had the water marks and marsh grass stuck on the inside of the sheet rock walls when I was tearing them out for remodeling... my house on the beach has been surveyed at 20 feet above sea level, the house on Oak Steet on the east end of town was 17 feet above sea level .... which is about 7 miles to the east of my house on the beach... both areas had storm surges to 22 feet above sea level... now that's a STORM SURGE.... experienced first hand... and I might add, not much fun either.... I hope no one ever experiences another Camille...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center