Tazmanian93
(Weather Master)
Thu Jul 14 2005 01:30 PM
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog

Well before this gets unruly, because I can smell it heating up. I have only been on this site for a couple of years and been in Fl since 1990. I have been watching, tracking, and plotting etc etc since 1991. However, only within the last couple of years have I really taken an interest in the overall genesis, mechanics, tracks and trails of Hurricanes. And with that, an interest in meteorology and climatology. The amount of information and knowledge that I have sucked up from people on this site, REGARDLESS of background, education, experience has been INCREDIBLE. I have always approached this site as any other web site, in which opinions, perspectives, judgements vary, yet I respect that. I do not hold anyone to anything they say here because we are talking about nature. A force that can not be controlled and quite honestly, minimally understood. I do not come to this site for debate, arguments or chastising. People, opinions, culture and nature should be respected, among other things. It's early and I am not on my 3rd cup of Java yet. But it seems more so than in years past we have these bickering sessions that quite frankly, waste people’s time and system resources. Doorbell rings, phone rings, answer or don’t. Show on TV, song on radio, you like it, leave it on. You don’t turn it off. There is choice, believe or not, and if not, validate the point or say nothing. There are a few similar sites out there, none with the accuracy and timeliness of information that this site offers. I suggested this a couple of weeks ago to another poster. You don’t like it, start your own site or just don’t watch! I have not seen that person since, or his friend. Ralphfl, no offense, just an opinion and take on the dialogue currently taking place. Here’s hoping to learn from you.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center