tpratch
(Moderator)
Thu Jul 14 2005 02:12 PM
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog

Quote:

You know I think you must be right. You probably don't have to take the plunge to be a college freshman until you are 30 or so.

Hey now, I hope you weren't being facetious.

My first run at college was when I was 18. I had no idea what I wanted to do and it was a waste. My second was at 19 - I still had little idea of what I wanted to do.

Got married at 22, had a few kids. Figured out what I wanted to do at 24, but due to being the bread winner, had to make a clandestine effort to do so. At 30, I went back to school, wrapped up my degree in a year, landed a great job.

I'm now launching my second design studio (first one was co-owned when I was 26 and my business partner and I diverged in our goals).

There's nothing wrong with making a decision on a second major while you're not responsible for bringing in the bacon for anyone other than yourself. There's actually nothing wrong with doing so later in life, it just becomes more difficult to do it for prolonged periods of time unless you are financially independent

Follow your dreams, do what you love and you can't help but love what you do.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center