Rich B
(British Meteorologist)
Thu Jul 14 2005 03:32 PM
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog

Hey guys,
not posted a whole bunch recently but heres my two pennies worth on Emily. I for one largely agree with the NHC forecast at present - especially on track. I think she will pass just to the SW of Jamaica, then just to the south of Grand Cayman on the weekend. After that it is a tough call. I reckon we will still see a Yucatan crossing, but how far north along the peninsula is another matter. Given how well she has organised in the past 12 to 18 hours, and the excellent satellite presentation, i can see no reason for her not to get stronger. There is an evident CDO which i think we will see open into an eye within the next few hours. Certainly one for everyone around the centrala and western caribbean to be watching closely.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center