Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Fri Jul 15 2005 12:43 PM
Re: Emily Category 4, Hurricane Warnings up for Jamaica

Yeah I agree, I highly doubt a Charlie track could come of this, but I would not rule out that LA could not be impacted down the line with this, weather dynmanics are hare to pinpoint that far out.... margin of error is quite large from 5 days out and I've seen many times when areas were outside the 'Cone" from 5 days out, only to be severly impacted from a tropical cyclone... my opinion only....

Per NWS discussion out of NOLA they believe the models are still under estimating the strength of the trough, which "could" result in even more shifts to the right over time...

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/mob/productview.shtml?pil=LIXAFDLIX&version=0

at the moment anywhere in the GOM from lower Mexico to LA could be affected from this storm

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center