Clark
(Meteorologist)
Fri Jul 15 2005 06:46 PM
Re: Emily Category 4, Hurricane Warnings up for Jamaica

It's normal, Margie, to see that. It's somewhat a marker of the vertical wind shear as well.

Rabbit -- the eyewall replacement cycle is likely having the biggest impact upon the storm's intensity, but I wil lagree that shear and dry air entrainment may either slow the process or serve to keep a check on its intensity once the cycle completes (and all indications are that it is close to finishing).

Regarding 99L -- haven't had the chance to take a look at it to see what it may or may not do; I've been too busy with Emily and my own research work, sorry. Perhaps HF or one of the other mets. here can fill you all in on the invest in a couple-few hours.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center