Terra
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Jul 16 2005 06:49 AM
Re: Concentric Eyewalls

Quote:

probably do it's worst on the yucatan coast between chetumal and cozumel (hit around felipe carrillo puerto), spin down to a ts/cat 1, then spin back up to 3-ish by its second landfall somewhere around la pesca or soto la marina. due to size and likely impact to rural parts of mexico, even if it's a 4 it probably won't be a major killer or destroyer of property. if it gets up to texas and hits anywhere aside from the king ranch/kenedy county it's a different

I'm confused by this... are you saying that there would be less impact to Mexico than Texas because of population? If so, then I understand, but, if not, I am confused. I would have thought that Mexico would take significant damage, no matter where a hurricane hit, as structures aren't as 'sound' or well constructed as they are in other places. Perhaps I am just generalizing Mexico, however....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center