Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Jul 23 2005 12:35 AM
Re: Franklin Ragged, Likely out to Sea

>>CaneTracker -- thing is, for everyone he gets right, you can pinpoint another (Dennis, taking it to New Orleans practically up until landfall) that he got wrong. I'm not trying to incite another Accuweather war, but Bastardi's wrong about as often as he is right. He goes out there on a limb and nails a few before others...but gets burned in a similar fashion. One's personal preference, I guess

I agree with that assessment Clark. Where he is outstanding is with the pattern recognition stuff. He's not as good with the end-game solutions. The Dennis call to the Mouth wasn't off by much considering it was about 7 days out. But he's too slow and stubborn to back off sometimes which causes him to lose credibility. For me, he carries some weight, but I still follow the NHC for life & limb.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center