Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Jul 23 2005 01:43 AM
Re: Franklin Ragged, Likely out to Sea

Clark - thanks for all the info on the models. Someone asked why GOES floater 1 was still on Emily -- isn't it to track her right to the end of the lifecycle?

Lil Phil - I appreciate the many links you post (didn't bookmark some of the ones from yesterday so I hope they get the missing posts back).

Lysis - hee hee.

It will be a long time before I learn enough information to really understand what is posted here regarding forecasting. I can see I'll have to spend a lot of time organizing the many browser bookmarks, and also trying to understand all the different types of information that are used. Are many of the very knowledgeable folks here career meteorologists or involved tangentially?

Feel lucky that Franklin is not terribly interesting to me at the moment (I don't understand all the subtleties, can't even make heads or tails out of the sat pics, lack of experience, ability) - good that it hasn't grabbed too much of my time today because SHRRREEEEEK! the 2006 IKEA cat now available to download and peruse as a PDF. Sorry about the off-topic, could not control self!!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center