Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Sat Jul 23 2005 09:07 PM
Re: Attack of the trolls...

Actually the best way to think about it, take the vector the storm is moving in. everything that is to the right of the center of the storm is going to have that motion added into the winds. The strongest (theoretical) influence the forward motion will have is perpendicular to the forward motion. So whatever heading the storm has, 90 degrees clockwise from that heading will be the area with the strongest winds... so if charley was moving in a heading of 045, the strongest winds would be in the area of the storm that would be about 135 degrees. Of course, it's probably more complicated than that, but that's how i figure where the strongest winds would be...

I wish I had graphs.
-Mark

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center