Goosus
(Verified CFHC User)
Mon Jul 25 2005 02:58 AM
Re:Frankliin

Ok, someone help me out here. I've been watching storms for several years, but this decoupling of the upper and lower circulation centers is fascinating. They have been separate for over a day but seem to be moving in concert with one another.

Which is actually the center of Franklin? I thought it was the LLC.

If the NHC is saying it's drifting to the SW at 3 MPH, they're not seeing the same thing I am. The LLC has been moving just east of due south for many hours now, and it's moving at a much better clip than 3 MPH. I'd say the center of the LLC is at least a good 75 to 100 miles south of where it started the change in direction.

What happens if the LLC "finds" the mid level convection? Are they drawn to each other like a magnet? Do they match back up?

The farther Fanklin drifts from the trough, the harder time it's going to have grabbing it again to throw it Eastward, no?

I'm somewhat new to this, so please excuse my questions if they're basic.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center