Quote:

maybe you, im all clear hear on the island..just hot and humid

were hurricane free, right?

um...no

long island canes

Well look at this from that site you gave me

How often Long Island gets affected?
brushed or hit every 5.36 years.

we were last brushed by hurricane Bob in 1991..so unfortunatley were kind of due

i'm not gonna get into it here or now, but unfortunately jim williams' site isn't entirely correct...we were clipped by Floyd ('99-met Cantore at Point Lookout), got seriously threatened by Isabel ('03) and received TS winds from Charley ('04). we were also affected by almost every TS/HURR last year with either rain, winds or both...

this year, with the super-high SSTs, i'm very worried about the potential for a long-tracking CV storm to make it's way up here...

in a more appropriate thread, later this season, i will do a full Long Island threat/potential update

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center