damejune2
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Jul 25 2005 05:33 PM
Re:Frankliin

I'd still rather be on Long Island than down here dealing with tropical stuff every other week. Any storm that may reach you would, in my opinion, be no stronger than what we Floridians know as "scattered afternoon and evening thundershowers". We get daily rain and thunderstorms down here that make most northerners cringe. Sometimes these storms are tropical storm strength, but without the low pressure area. We have gusts of 50-60mph during some of these "normal" afternoon storms. I hope you stay in the clear up there because it is possible i suppose for you to get a hurricane, but i wouldn't worry too much. Maybe it is the pee that makes LI Sound so warm!! LOL

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center