joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Jul 25 2005 05:46 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Gert forms in the Bay of Campeche, Franklin Moves Out

How about a little chit-chat about the tropics?

Gert is raining on Mexico and gone as far as a tropical system is concerned.
Franklin is in the process of doing a loop, a mini one at that. Really getting away from the convection, getting sheared to death. Wasn't there a storm a few years back that just sat almost in the same place as a named storm for a couple of weeks? He's been in no hurry to develop, move or die. Somebody tell him his 15 minutes are up!

Wave between 50-60 W has a few storms today, but was dealt a crappy hand. Franklin to the NW, all tangled up in a dust storm, and too far from the ITZ to draw some energy from it. It's purpose in life seems to be to clear the way for our next two features.

Wave at 30W has a 1014 mb low with it, so yes it is turning on a broad scale. But no, it has no LLC. I've seen nothing, but I could be wrong, about the wave(huge!!) that just cleared the African coast having a low with it. IMO I think if we get a storm, it's going to be one storm. They seem too close for both of them to develop.

I sure do hope we stay on topic here. I love this site, but the last two years I have quit coming here when this site got kinda freaked out. It's not a chat room, but more like a class room where you have a chance to gather your thoughts and write them out (as best you can) to share with people who enjoy the same subject, which happens to be the tropics.

A last note about Franklin; he looks like he has really split apart!! But then the NHC has said that some models kept taking a piece here, a piece there. We shall see.....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center