Ryan
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Jul 28 2005 05:13 PM
Re: Franklin Continues, Waves Across the Atlantic

Quote:

92L is still very broad and disorganized. The leading edge of the wave is located near 16N and 58W with a weak low vortex with it. Also there is more thunderstorm activity with the northern extent near 18.5 and 53 W. Overall its a 1011mb low ( which has been for couple days now). I dont feel there will be a dep until the plane gets in tomorrow or 1 of the 2 vortexs becomes the main low. Models want to show the 1 near 58W as the main center and so do I. If so then its still very weak with the lack of convection. I expect this system overall to continue w-wnw thru the weekend and be near the SE bahamas by Sunday as a tropical storm. Trough coming down off the U.S east coast by then will slow this significantly. After that it there is a split. 40% it could meander up the east coast offshore.30% move out to sea. 30% stay far enough south to miss the trough and continue wnw thru the fla straits by Tuesday.
Again as I said couple days ago, I dont think this will be a TD until Friday. There is no main center of circulation with this yet.

this seems about right scottsvb--i mean the percentages but i think we may have a TD by the close of saturday maybe sunday

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center