Hootowl
(Weather Hobbyist)
Fri Jul 29 2005 01:01 AM
Re: Franklin Reintensifies, 92L Bears Watching

I hope history doesn't repeat itself either. Can you imagine the damage going up the west coast of Florida? As built up as Tampa and St. Pete is? Holy Cow!!!!

Your shark theory is very interesting. I have another critter story that might (or not) be relevant to the weather. We noticed last year the squirrels started "burying their treasure" in August. Now - I've been known to watch critters and birds all my life and I never saw a squirrel start burying stuff that early ever before. (normally in the autumn) Then we noticed they were knocking the pine cones out of the trees and stuffing themselves. The burying was before any storm was knocking on our door (by at least 2 weeks) but the pine cone thing was just right before we started to get bands from Francis. Who knows. I do know that yesterday they started knocking the pine cones down and last week I noticed they were burying stuff in the flower beds??? Maybe a connection - maybe not.

Stay safe, Hoot

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center