lawgator
(Weather Hobbyist)
Fri Jul 29 2005 03:37 AM
Re: Franklin Reintensifies, 92L Bears Watching

OK. I was just commenting, in my own inartful way, that correlation does not equal causation. Not even sure there is a correlation with some of the critter stories on here. But even if there was, my point was one cannot assume (nor in most cases credibly argue) an actual relationship between events. In the scheme of things, the number of storms is too low to reach out for some of the things people notice and then wonder about.

Not to mention the fact that I see all sorts of bizarre behavior in both animals and in people ... and then there is no hurricane.

My argument was something along the lines of the science of the knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. If she weighs the same as a duck, and ducks float just like wood, that would make her made of wood and, as wood burns just like witches, the conclusion is that if she weighs the same as a duck she is a witch.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center