lawgator
(Weather Hobbyist)
Fri Jul 29 2005 04:50 PM
Re: Franklin Reintensifies, 92L Bears Watching

I kind of started the bad posts in this thread and wanted to take a moment to apologize to anyone I offended. I really did not mean to attack the posters. But, I was being extremely sarcastic about the substance of the critters posts and it would surely seem that way, in retrospect. I love this site. Such great information. Sorry I got carried away.

Now for an on-topic question. As I watch the AVN loop for 92 L, I notice the thunderstorms sort of "chasing" what appears to be to be a mid or upper level low. Its almost as though the t-storms got sheared off of the low and are now trying to build back on. In the alternative, it could be that the low is just racing along too far ahead of the t-storms. I have seen the pattern before in the tropics. Wondering if shear is the issue here and, if so, am I right that it may be weakening to allow more convection?

i thought your post was funny without being mean. wit is just more fun than blunt force hollering and browbeating. folks willing to discuss the merits of drooling dogs and startled parakeets as weather forecasting tools have got to be ready for the occasional aside. -HF

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center