Clark
(Meteorologist)
Sat Jul 30 2005 11:06 PM
Re: 92L, 93L and GOM

I, for one, am kinda glad there's nothing out there for once! We went 28 straight days -- from July 2nd to 29th -- with no gaps in classified systems in the Atlantic basin. That's pretty active for any time of year, yet alone July. I don't think the break is going to last, however. 93L is progressing along rather well and is the biggest candidate for development. Recon might head out there tomorrow; I've got some thoughts on it in my latest blog entry, available on the front page.

The feature near 30N/40W is an upper-level low -- akin to what HF was harping on early this week -- and isn't a likely candidate for tropical development. It's firing convection, however, which may kick into gear some sort of tropical mode of development (and perhaps a hybrid-type structure down the line)...but that's certainly not a given.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center