Rich B
(British Meteorologist)
Wed Aug 03 2005 09:42 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Harvey Forms in Atlantic

Hi guys,
well just had my first oppurtunity to have a look at Harvey on the visibles, and i nust say i havent seen a system looking like this for quite some time. It looks quite subtropical in nature, as NHC stated yesterday when it was classified. It is giving a real good go at looking like how a tropical cyclone should look though, and if that convective activity over the LLCC continues, it should look a bit better Not sure what the conditions have been like in Bermuda today, but they have been affected by the large curved band removed from the centre and located in the eastern semi-circle. If Harvey organises enough, i think we will see him make it to minimal hurricane intensity, probably around the same time it passes closest to Bermuda. From then on out it looks likely to carry on across the Atlantic over this weekend.

Just also had a very quick look at the wave / low over the east-central atlantic. I think this has a day or two to go at least, before being classified as anything - not organised enough yet really, but showing the signs!

Kind regards

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center