JG
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Aug 04 2005 01:29 AM
Re: sooner

Hank, thank you in advance for all your postings, from a long time lurker.

I wonder if the relationship to the position of this storm and where Ivan formed last year could give us any type of climatological basis for any clues to the path of 95_L???

I know that conditions are different, but many of us in Florida are paranoid now about every storm forming anywhere south of 30 degrees N.....

if i had to make an early comparison on this thing i'd cross it between alberto 2000 and frances 2004.. assuming it gets going. how much of a wake harvey leaves and whether nogaps or gfs/ukmet/euro are on the ball will also factor in. i'd say the track is too far to the north based on what usually happens. climo favors this thing recurving, though, if it develops east of 40w. by the way, don't want thanks.. this is a hobby related to my study/potential career. -HF

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center