Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Thu Aug 04 2005 07:31 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Harvey Forms in Atlantic

Quote:

does anyone else find it odd that out of eight storms, only two were classified as hurricanes?

does anyone else think Cindy and Franklin may have been hurricanes for a brief time?

Actually, I was thinking that myself off and on for a while, My theory for Cindy was that the NHC didn't want to upgrade when it was obviously landfalling and the possible cost and hassle of evacuations were too great to really justify calling it. I expect it'll be a hurricane in the post analysis.

Franklin on the other hand, who knows. I just don't think they had enough information to pull the trigger.

But yeah, I really didn't expect to see all the storms either hold below hurricane intensity or really ramp up to some pretty fierce levels.

Seems kinda odd. But
we have the rest of the season to have things kinda normalize.

-Mark

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center