ralphfl
(Weather Master)
Fri Aug 05 2005 04:20 AM
Re: Tropical Depression Nine Forms in Atlantic

The thing is there are post ALREADY talking about a poss hit on the east coast of Florida 6 days out.

I have no doubts this is going to turn into some type of storm and i dont think its going to disapate but people talking aready about where it is going to hit is insane.

You cannot say Florida is more in line for this storm or New york but what gets me is many people dont have a clue like some of us about storms and they hear some idiot say 6 days out WATCH OUT JACKSONVILLE some people are so in fear they leave 5 days ahead of time.

I know 2 people who left my area cause they READ a storm was coming this way only to run right into the middle of it anbd get killed.

So im kinda sensative when people start A week ahead of time forcasting where they think it might hit.To say the Est coast US is in danger of this storm is stupid casting its worth waching but when you read the posts of i got a bad feeling about a storm that is still a depression is stupid.

Or the watch out Jacksonville area cause a GFS model has it there 6 days out is stupid.

Heck last year i liked it when they had it coming right over me 5 days out as it almost never goes where they have it going.

So that only shows anything more then saying lets watch it is wishcasting since you cannot give any data that shows a high probability of it hitting any area.

Sure we can say "i think" but as we say around here that was your first mistake you started thinking.

You know when we will know where this storm is going to go? when it gets there or close to there and they issue a warning then we will know.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center