doug
(Weather Analyst)
Fri Aug 05 2005 04:39 PM
Re: harvey sheared, 9L busting forecasts, elsewhere

Damien thanks! We are neighbors I see...Glad you watch this board... it is very up to the minute far ahead of what one can get publically and accurate too.
HankFrank speculated that subsidence may be the culprit in the current 'respirator condition' of TD9, and if you look north to about 26N you may see the cause...it looks like a ULL with associated convective activity around its core and some low level moisture to work with...this looks awfully much like the presentation of Harvey last weekend to me, except the convection is not persisting. It seems to be moving back to the SSW a bit.
From the WV on TD9 however it appears the moisture from the south and east is entraining a bit into where the llc is and some consolidation of the low level clouds has occurred. It is moving just north of west from about 17.5 north.
It will need about 24 hours of consistent improvement to make it in my opinion, but some signs of life remain...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center